Sunday, July 1, 2012

Two posts in the same day... well, trying to get the hang of this blogging site and catching up on bits hit - and it does seem to mainly be hitting things that gets them apart - I got behind with the narrative.


One lone front caliper - not much for several hours work.


Front hub carrier - amazing how much stuff gets picked up and stuck to these things but I guess not surprising for a 17 year old car. I gave the end closest to bottom with photo with a couple of taps of the rubber mallet to get the stub axle out for it to shoot 6ft across the garage in a beautiful ballistic arc and dent the garage door.

Still thinking about how I'm going to clean all the grease and crud off. The Sand / grit blasters I've spoken to don't like grease as it plays havoc with their machines. Researching online there are a number of products that claim superior degreasing capabilities - I have a feeling this will be a trial and error process.

No comments:

Post a Comment