Saturday, January 3, 2015

Diff cover version 3

Just when you thought I'd forgotten about it, it's time for version 3 of the diff cover.
(You might remember that earlier last year  I had two failed attempts at getting a cover to fit on the underside of the differential which covers the fuel hoses that run underneath there protecting them from bumps but also heat from the exhaust pipes)

So having hit and bashed Jon's second masterpiece of stainless steel a number of times in trying to get it to fit, and then used it as a welding spatter shield, it was time to send it back with the next set of requested modifications.


This time I've used a Shreddies packet to help with the template (I think the Rice Crispies last time was perhaps a bit frivolous) plus I managed to talk through exactly what was needed before the article was made which always helps.


And the above is what I got back, we kept the 'wings' which I had formed to fit past the exhaust pipes and I had Jon graft them onto a new 'u-channel' with a better cross section profile.

The result

Hurrah, I can finally finish scrabbling around under the fuel tank and diff with fitting this thing. It's done! Just the exhaust joints to deal once I'm happy with their fitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment