Sunday, November 23, 2014

Desnagging

Other than the steering column linkage - water thermostat snag which was predicted (minimal though - only a small extension flange needed to rotate the thermostat which my neighbour has kindly offered to make in his workshop, the other desnagging required is to make a small cut out in the nearside inner wing where the alternator is current touching it.


First the fibreglass was cut out with the dremel. Having the vacuum hose on next to the dremel blade took almost all the fibreglass dust straight away meaning that I could see what I was doing and not covering everything in fibreglass dust! Must remember that for all occasions now.

I drilled all four corners of the stainless to give the dremel something to meet, then with the dremel again I started gently cutting into the stainless.

Above I haven't chopped out fully yet.


Might need to go a little lower as the panel has move out slightly now the pressure has been released.

Not bad for 30 mins early on a Sunday morning, and much faster than having to strip out alternator to get to it from the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment