Sunday, April 30, 2017

Bootlight

More wiring knitting and chaos in the boot. Hmm. This app for blogging isn't allowing me to crop photos.  Ok, so the boot light is there already. Installed and working. I've put it on a manual switch so that it's not coming on all the time but just when needed. I.e when I've broken down, somewhere in Europe, on a dark night, raining (probably) and I need to find a particular spanner. Or hammer. To hit something with. (To make it work again obviously)
Boot light. So another photo of a light.  I think I may have been a moth in a previous life. Or just small demonstrable victories are so rare that one feels the need to cling onto it before a dark patch of no progress starts again.
 I'm making a switch panel to hide where the battery is as it's ugly, plus mount the battery kill switch, boot light and also a couple more of the charging /power sockets too.
So this is what takes the time. Once you've wired up, cut and attached most items you realise that somehow in the mean time the wiring loom has taken on the same look as a old school telephone cord... yes kids, from the days before phones fried our brains with microwaves and 'wireless'... although that's what my grandparents called the radio. Which came before tv. arhhh. Whatever.
 
 
So after the loom was disconnected, fad back through all the routing and bulkhead holes, untwisted and fed back through again I chould then start sticking (using epoxy) the cable tie mounting points for the loom attachement. No sticky pad backings please note IVA person. All bonded permanently with epoxy. And any with large loom duties are fibreglass bonded in to body for good measure.  
Battery shut off switch mounted into beginnings of panel - not much room to spare behind but this will do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment