Sunday, June 1, 2014

Propshaft 1

AK recommend Bailey Morris in St Neots and I have to say their service so far has been outstanding. An exchange of emails from my original enquiry has lead to the following:

I have to remove the big black rubber donut from the transmission output flange. Not needed.
I need to measure the PCD of the flange fixing holes.
Measure the internal flange location pin depth and diameter.
Finally measure the length of shaft required.


Here's the set up as it stands. 

They will make a slip propshaft as my transmission yoke is fixed with 50mm play in it.

I've measured the PCD three times and it's not a standard size 96.7mm - by physical measurement, scale drawing and also trigonometry all say the same. Given that this is a really important measurement I'm going to send the black donut along with the driveshaft flange to them and they can ensure we get it spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment