Sunday, June 22, 2014

Waterworks

Having successfully created a cosmic (according to some) cooling system route to navigate around the steering column clearance needed I have made the following decisions:

1. Remove anti-roll bar on he front suspension. Will refit at a later date once I've finished getting the cooling sorted. The cooling is more important.

2. Bite the bullet on the transmission cooler. It needs to go in front of the radiator although I don't like the idea of what it will look like. I have some aluminium paint to help it blend into the radiator.

3. Stick with the 17" fan. Whilst there's a bit if a gap round the edge of it I can always make a shroud in the future if overheating is an issue, it shifts a lot of air. All the dust that was under the car is now at the back of the garage courtesy of the first trial run - and that wasn't on the high speed!

So. The below shows where I am up to. The two things left here are the open pipe on the air intake for the crankcase ventilation tube and and the mass airflow sensor which needs to go into the air intake.


No comments:

Post a Comment