Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Front Suspension


At last, something to bolt other things to. 



I am going to start on front suspension first as I am waiting to get my diff back.
Predictably I got the top wishbones the wrong way round to start with. Chamfered on needs to be at the front of the car not rear - although I did this deliberately to start with as early reckoning looked like I was going to end up with 9 degrees of caster angle - the bit that makes the wheels self straighten.
This above is the wrong way.




The large adjustable spanner is incidental to the scene - not used on this operation. 

Everything is trial fit at this point. Lots of washers and other similar items to bulk up the threaded bolt length so that the locking bit of the nylock isn't engaged on the thread until I'm ready to finally tighten.

Waiting for a few more shims for camber.

Ask specific -.25 degree camber and because I have power steering up to 8 degrees caster.

All very close from standard manual items 3 caster shims are enough.

Hubs will go on properly when I'm happy with caster and camber.


No comments:

Post a Comment