Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Rear drive and suspension pt 2

So having attached the diff unit I thought I might as well have a go at fitting callipers whilst it was there. Ok, so now I know why it's suggested to prefit callipers and therefore discs etc prior to putting the diff in. 

I did one side once, of course the disc needs shims adjusting to run centrally between the calliper pads so it's off with the calliper, off with the disc, shim and retry.

As the spanner access is limited I decided to remove the diff and work on it free of chassis restrictions. With my handy trolley and jack it's an easy job to pop off again but with higher support this time.


After much shimming and on and offing I'm happy to say this bit is done.
Time to get back on chassis to start on the wishbone fitting.


I'm pleased to say the handbrakes seem quite effective too at first 'hand' test. Very little effort produces excellent hold pressure on the discs. I need to swap out  bleed valves (I have double inserted as dust cover) and am considering making a remote bleed setup for the rear brakes given the space restrictions.

Final job before addressing the wishbones themselves is the wishbone pivot shaft carriers.

These need fitting with shims and lock wiring in.




No comments:

Post a Comment