Friday, November 1, 2013

No schimfing here.

Ah yes, the Friday pun is back. Or something.
Right. Shimming time on the rear setup for hub camber. AK recommend -1/4 to 0 degrees rear camber. Measuring the offside it came in at + 1 with 2 shims so a bit more to be done there. 
Photo below shows testing adding some more with disc alignment shims as I run out of the camber ones. Order to wards now on its way.

Just enough room to do the bolts up.







On the nearside I went for 3 shims at the outset and hit the jackpot. With the top of the hub carrier supported 150mm from top chassis member directly above using a trolley jack the rear arm is at normal ride height. Measuring gives 0 degrees plumb.
Given I won't be racing around a track every weekend I'm happy with that.


I will double check with a more conventional camber gauge in due course -although this would appear to be accurate when calibrated against my spirit level.

No comments:

Post a Comment