Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ticked off.

Not as in angry man. Some jobs are done! 

Design and fit new diff cover for fuel hoses. Designed and still doesn't fit. It's painful, I have been making it harder by not removing silencer boxes first but I felt I needed the full exhaust in place to help with location.
I bet BMW and Mercedes don't use Rice Crispies boxes to help with pattern making for suppliers!


It's had a few trial fits - I'm getting closer. I do a bit and then put it down for a few days until I feel inspired enough again to have another go.

Send electronic accelerator pedal to AK to make up pedal box
This was sent with Mr Kellogs cardboard pattern above to AK who turned it around lightening fast along with making diff cover v3 and so I had it back with pedal box.

Above you can see the pedal box along with the Corvette 'gas ' pedal in situ. Managed to use the brake booster studs to locate accelerator pedal too with a little bit of fettling of the accelerator pedal bracket to allow nut to seat properly. Works a treat. 
Was a bit more challenging to get it fitted into the car body. Much sweat, bruised ribs from lying on side on transmission tunnel and general shouting (I hate you might have been aired once or twice) trying to get them fitted whilst opening up holes with drill extension above my head, upside down on one of the hottest days of the year in the drivers footwell. 

It's in. I forgot to take a photo of the accelerator pedal being in too. The pain was too much and I had to walk away!


The brake booster has been heat protected with special tape - although given that it's a vacuum in there and it's a vacuum being refreshed by the engine intake all the time it seems a bit overkit but someone else did it and I thought it was a good idea too


Just got to pop nylocks on and then fit the cladding, open up the cable hole at bottom and that bit is done. One of the less enjoyable tasks!

Replace rubber washer in polo heater valve - done and I will cover in a separate post as it's an important one for IVA rule conformity.

Gear lever position has been approximated and gear lever with correct detents (indents to you or I- the bits that lock he lever into position) for my transmission has been ordered from the States.
Whilst I could have had a go doing this myself it's a really important part that if I muff it up will leave us stranded somewhere or just look homemade in a highly visible focal point of the car. 

Fit engine bay cladding
Started and have since chatted to AK to find out best order for doing this so need to find some weekend time to do the rest.

Fit heater matrix into body
Have had a test measure and another chat with Job about locating this as I really don't want to make a mistake with this. Will have a go when I get back outside for a good stint.

No comments:

Post a Comment