Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cladding is done!

Hurrah. I'm loathe to say it but I'm very glad this stage is over. Why I failed to make sure this was a factory fit option instead of me doing it I don't know but I've learnt a lot in the process of doing it myself.
So having repaired the bad bit of glass fibre, filled and coated with the rubber paint time for a bit of drilling and riveting (below) to fit the last cladding panel which sits on the front of the scuttle - above the bell housing.


I've put a sealant adhesive behind this panel and riveted at the top plus two low down at the sides.


The final parts to put on are the angle and top above drivers feet again sealed down with adhesive and then the angle corner drilled and riveted.


And then the two fillets which are not standard ak parts but I asked Jon to make to cover a couple of small gaps. I didn't drill out the other rivets choosing to fit over them. Possibly a mistake but there will be so much engine and exhaust headers in the way I don't think visually it matter. 

Just one last hole to open up for the bonnet hinge plus cutouts for gear lever and fuel filler and it's ready to put on the chassis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment