Saturday, October 25, 2014

More tidying trans cooler hoses

This current task seems to be without end and taking forever. One of the things I've been wondering is how to keep the two transmission cooler lines (braided hose in above photo) away from the exhaust below it. 


Eventually I hit upon making a bracket that could reach forwards and down from a nice lug on the transmission casing which would also double as a fixing position for some cables too. The lughole (clever eh?) can be seen below amongst the spaghetti.


Enter the worlds most oddest and complicated bracket yet...



The welding isn't too bad - my kind neighbour lent me his kit again.


One makeshift spray booth against the garage door.

I know I know, I must be becoming a little unhinged to need to dedicate so much time to one bracket (it's acid etched, primed and top coated - 2 coats of each)



And installed below.



Above the cunning cable conduit is held in position...


And the finished article installed and torqued up.

Next is finishing off the spaghetti tidying.

No comments:

Post a Comment