Sunday, December 8, 2013

Brake lines pt 3

So having gone as far as I could with the engine temporarily stored in the chassis I now need it out of the way so that I can get full access to the transmission tunnel.

I've fitted the transmission controller back into the transmission pan, sheared a bolt and removed said bolt. See transmission TCM post.


The metal frame work which supports the body shell on top of the transmission tunnel presents a small obstacle when getting engine out with garage door shut but with a bit of jiggling out it comes. I measured up for the prop shaft before removal but it's goin to be ages before I get that so a bit pointless at this stage.

Look at all that space


As you can just see I could probably have placed the T-piece 3 way junction in a better place as with my modified chassis there's less room for the main front to rear run to double back on itself but a bit of careful bending and all is fine.

 The ratchet straps are coming into their own again being my temporary hands to locate the pipe as I make the bends

No comments:

Post a Comment