Tuesday, December 24, 2013

brake lines pt 4

The final run. With the engine out I can get in with fitting and attaching the main run between the rear brakes to the front. My drill is too big to drill in the rear end of the tunnel however Machinemart / Clarkes do a right angled drill chuck to aid with such things.

The two main things here are to ensure the run doesn't foul where the body needs to sit and secondly to ensure the fixings comply with the IVA manual. From all I can tell (and others before me) that whilst it specifies that electrical wiring need fixing every 300mm, break lines (under the category of hydraulic pipes) need fixing appropriately. Most seem to do 300mm or less. I'm doing 200mm because I have enough clips to do so.

I'm also not that keen on rivnuts - threaded inserts that are fixed like rivets. I'm happy making my own threads so out with a metric m4 tap for my some head hex bolts, with spring washers.



Once again the ratchet straps come in handy as my second pair of hands making things easier to route and fit.

The pipes actually will go vertical to the master cylinder body connection about 6inches from the inner rail hence the masking tape a temporary fixing!

With fixings in place.



Next up testing the master cylinder and the unions.

No comments:

Post a Comment