Saturday, December 7, 2013

Final diff bracket

The last item on the rear suspension setup is the AK supplied diff bracket. This bolts to the two chassis uprights and the tail end of the inner wishbone shafts. Fairly simple affair that I'd been holding off until I had light and decent eye protection that I could see out of for drilling upside down.


The bracket is the angle iron piece with the triangular segment to allow fuel line and return to pass through.
The holes in the AK bracket are already predrilled so it's a case of being happy with the alignment and then drilling up. The bolts are fed in from above - there's a cutout you can just see in the upright and then they drop down. I used high tensile M8 bolts with nylocks.

 I need to make a plate or get AKs one for the underside of the diff again to protect fuel hoses from a grounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment