Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas hiatus

Time for a bit of a pause. I've nearly run out of bits that I can install in the logical process at the moment - need to acquire some more parts namely all the things for the fuel system. The dependancy being things I need to fit whilst the engine is out. Being natually optimistic I'm hoping that once I've done these things the engine will go back in and stay in! I'm sure "famous last words" spring to mind.

So what's needed:
Fuel pump capable of delivering fuel required for the V8 - from memory a rating of 225 gph at 4bar seems to be lodged in my mind. To put another way a Bosch 044 is the EFI pump most seem to recommend. Secondly the fuel system needs regulating to keep the pressure at the injectors at 58psi.

Yes I know I'm mixing my metric and imperial units but so does everyone else!

The one item I cannot source from elsewhere will be the AK fuel tank. Whilst AK could supply the required dimensions I don't plan making it myself. Jon builds it with a built in swirl pot to help alleviate fuel starvation under heavy cornering etc.

Finally I need to consider filter(s) and fuel pipe and routing.

I'm continuing to research the various options. I'm leaning towards the following at the moment:
a high flow about a 20 micron prefilter which flows into
a pump which drives into the
regulator / small particle filter about 5microns - the combinted one which is used in many LS swap projects in the US is the one from the LS2 Corvette made by Wix.

All these would mount towards the rear end of the chassis next to the prop shaft - allows a short return line versus putting the regulator in the engine bay and running a return line all the way back along the chassis.

So these along with fuel tank will be the next purchases in the new year plus other items in my engine mods / config post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment