Saturday, December 7, 2013

It rolls. A milestone achieved.

A milestone has been achieved. With all the suspension on I can put some air into the build wheels and drop the car down off the axle stands to check initial ground clearance with the engine in situ. Whilst the rest of the car won't be 'on board' this is still a good time to see how good or bad it is as the body etc will cleary have an affect however the worst of the weight is in the engine / chassis / suspension.

In my excitement I forgot to clear the decks before taking the photos so there's lot's of clutter there that I wouldn't normally allow in a picture.



Rusty but functional build wheels on.


 
Spot the difference... look below. No axle stand support! I rolled the chassis back and forth to move it a bit across the garage and it rolled very easily - surprisingly easily considering the engine is in too. Very happy.
 
 
 
And a couple from the front too. I'm quite pleased how central the engine is between the front and rear wheels - so many modern cars the engine is as a compromise over the top of the front wheels leading to balance challenges.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment